In January 1959, as Alaska was receiving statehood, Central Plumbing & Heating, Inc. was getting its start in an old army surplus building on International Airport Road. Ron Cooper was the plumber, and his wife, Mary Ann, ran the office.
Since then we have expanded to four divisions and over twenty employees.
1966 A new building was built and the retail division was added
1970 The company incorporated, and Ron’s brother-in-law, George Benson, became a full partner
1972 Ron’s two sons, Jeff and Mike Cooper, joined the firm to run the union shop’s contracting and service/repair division
A new 12,000 square foot warehouse was added to accommodate the growing business
1982 The small showroom in the retail store was remodeled to provide additional display areas
1992 The kitchen and bathroom fixture showroom was moved to the second floor and enlarged to 1400 s.f., it became our Upper Level Showroom
1998 A new 2,700 s.f. warehouse was added to make room for more inventory and additional indoor truck parking
1999 HeatLand was opened in the building next door to the original shop, with a 2,000 s.f. fireplace and heating showroom
2001 The Upper Level Showroom was expanded to 3,000 s.f., utilizing the majority of the second level of the main Central Plumbing building